11.11.12

Scarves & How to organise them...

So today I have a different post for you. I love love looooove scarves and I have lots of them. For the longest time I was storing them in one of my drawers. That made it very difficult for me to find the scarf I wanted quickly and easily. So, about a year ago, I went on a hunt to find the perfect organisational solution for my scarves. I ended up picking up a very handy IKEA item. It is a type of accessory hanger with 28 circles. It is pretty basic actually but it is also very handy if you are looking for an easy and inexpensive way to organise your scarves.
So here is how I do it...
I hang the item in question on the outside of my wardrobe. Then I lay all my scarves on the bed and start the grouping process. I group them according to print(if I have more than one of the same print), shape, size or colour. Having said that, I also colour-code my wardrobe so if you're not a neat freak like me you can skip the grouping. Grouping the scarves makes it easier to find when you are in a hurry, though...;)
The mess....and how I sorted it out....


 Silk/Square                                             Infinity                                               Rectangular/Long


 Animal Print                                          Skull Print                                               Vintage

Monochrome

Then...just place them on the hanger....
Here is the "finished product"...
FRONT

BACK

In my wardrobe...

I know this might look trivial but I hope that some people will benefit from it.As always...let me know what you think in the comments...! 
xoxo
A.

15 comments:

  1. very nice, I most definitely will need something like this in the new place, I cannot stand having them in drawers they always get so messy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is affordable and handy. Having them in drawers is just not an option anymore :P

      Delete
  2. Έχω ακριβώς το ίδιο μόνο που τα βάζω θηλιά...Πολύ βολικό είναι!!! ;o))XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kalh idea ki ayth. tha thn dokimasw next time! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I made this kind with old bracelet and cloth hanger, it so convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Καλέ πόσα φουλάρια έχεις???? Πω πω ολόκληρη συλλογή! Έγινα μέλος στο blog σου με το όνομα όλγα κόνιαρη! Θα χαρώ πολύ αν θελήσεις να γίνεις κι εσύ στο δικό μου! www.beautywitholga.blogspot.gr -BeautyStars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xaxa!Na fantasteis oti twra pou eftiaksa tis ntoulapes mou edwsa 5-6 giati den ta forousa. Den tha thn elega syllogh alla pisteyw oti exw ena gia kathe peristash :P

      Delete
  5. polu wraia! ta skull 8a sta parw olaaa :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. πολύ ωραία όλα!!!έχω και εγώ τρέλα με τα φουλάρια,αλλά έχω τόσα πολλά-μαζί με τη μα΄μά και την αδερφή μου,που θα θέλαμε 50 τέτοια και βάλε...τα έχουμε βάλει σε 4 μεγάλα κουτιά από τα ικεα να καταλάβεις...και λυπάσαι να τα δώσεις η αλήθεια είναι!!!έχεις βραβειάκια!!!
    http://jiubilo.blogspot.gr/2012/11/awards.html
    φιλιά!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eyxaristw gia to vraveio kai gia to comment!! nai sigoura einai dyskolo na ta ksedialekseis gia na ta dwseis. rule of thumb gia mena (to idio isxyei gia ta rouxa) einai oti o,ti den exei forethei 2 sezon to dinoume!!alla entaksei kapoia (px ta metakswta) den ta dinw alla se genikes grammes den krataw an den ta foraw!

      Delete

I am greatful for every single comment you leave on my blog and I respond to all of them...!Thank you for stopping by and, of course, for commenting!!